SmartStrand Cleaning Guide
Triexta Care and Maintenance
SmartStrand Cleaning Reference Guide for Residential and Professional Cleaning.
Multifamily and Rental Cleaning Instructions
- Property management rental applications are unique environments with variable levels of maintenance.
- Even with regular vacuuming, foot traffic drives dirt deep into the carpet. Mohawk recommends professional hot water extraction using cleaning products, equipment or systems that carry the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval.
- Periodic cleaning by a certified carpet care professional using the standard hot water extraction method (140 degrees) will refresh carpet appearance. This is same cleaning process used for nylon, polyester and olefin.
- Mohawk recommends the use of a certified carpet care professional that adheres to the IICRC S100 Standard.
Reference Guide for Professional Cleaning.
- In the event of a food spill, scrape food spill gently with a spoon, dull knife or a Mohawk Carpet Cleaning Key, removing as much solid material as possible.
- Try to remove stains with warm water only. If stain cannot be removed with a warm wet cloth, or warm water, apply Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Spot Remover (or other low-residue carpet spot remover with the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval) to the stain.
- Working from outer edge toward the center to avoid spreading, blot with a clean cloth, paper towel or a Mohawk Microfiber cloth. Do not rub or scrub. Continue to apply cleaner and blot until the stain is gone. Do not over-saturate carpet.
- Important: Do not use any cleaner with a pH of 10 or higher. Before using, always test cleaners on a small, non-visible area for any discoloration of the pile.
- Abnormally large or excessive stains may require hot water extraction method. Professional cleaning is recommended.
- If stain returns— a condition known as “wicking”— simply repeat stain removal procedures, paying special attention to blotting and removal of all moisture.
Mohawk recommends using the Mohawk FloorCare Essentials™ line of cleaning products and tools for best overall results and product safety. These products are non-toxic, leave no soapy residue, and feature proprietary technology developed for the entire family of Mohawk flooring products.
- For a complete list of certified products that carry the CRI Seal of Approval, visit www.carpet-rug.org
- For a list of certified carpet care professionals in your area, visit www.certifiedcleaners.org